Re: How to set folder properties

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 11:47 +0000, M G, Bharath Narayan wrote:

> 1.      Is there a way I can disable the read from happening? So that
> Nautilus doesn’t try to read nor show preview of the files.

I don't understand if setting the various preview preferences to 'Never'
worked or not in your case. Is that the bug you're experiencing?

> 2.      Can I do this specific to a given folder, i.e., when I mount
> my file system at a given directory, I would like these settings to
> apply for only that folder.

No, the setting is not per-folder, it can be
- disabled
- on all files
- on local files only, where local means it's not a gvfs-mounted volume,
like the one you get from the 'Connect to Server' dialog.

What kind of mount do you have?

> 3.      Is this a Nautilus specific thing or has it got to do with
> gdm?

No, GDM doesn't have anything to do with this.

Thanks,

Cosimo