SV: sudo and nautilus

Try to redirect the output in order to see what happens. I suspect that sudo refuses to run if it detects that it is not ran via a terminal of some sort. Alternative could be to flag your executable suid (run as owner):

Redirection:

echo ”some password” | sudo –S somecommand > /tmp/log.stdout 2> /tmp/log.stderr

Suid:

#only make directory accessable by owner (user)

chmod 700 /home/user/bin

#set owner of yourprogram to root

chown root /home/user/bin/yourprogram

#set setuid flag on yourprogram