Re: Nautilus plugin for folders

Hi,

Sorry if I mis-understand your question here, but as far as I can explain, the usecase is to allow folders of certain structure and contents to be 'executed' as if they were an application. The plugin would override the default 'Open' action of the folder if its last 4 characters of it's name are ".bbb" or whatever is decided.

From what I can see in all documentation and examples (looking for undocumented hooks ;)), only menuitem, column, propertypage and info are possible. This leads me to think it may need to be a patch, instead of a plugin? I may also be completely looking in the wrong direction though!

Thanks
-Keith

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Am Freitag, den 07.01.2011, 18:26 +0800 schrieb Keith Poole:
> I'm looking for a way to write an extension (or possibly a patch?)
> that allows me to overwrite the default behavior for opening folders
> with certain names? Eg: any folder with .bbb on the end has a program
> inside it executed, instead of opening the folder itself.

What is the usecase?

andre

--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed