Requesting you to provide helpful information regarding icons, emblem setting in nautilus.

Respected Sir/Madam,
	We are from CDAC Mumbai.Currentlly our team is working on enhancing the Linux
desktop to provide more easier access.

	As the part of project we are currentlly exploring on ICON management such as
custom icon,emblems and notes etc. and currentaly we are trying to set emblems
dynamically to a file using our own program. We are using nautilus as a File
manager. In nautilus we know meta data about a file is stored in xml files
under user's home directory
i.e. ~/.nautilus/metafiles/ . Every directory has its respective metafile in
above mentioned directory.Also when we change icons of the file or emblems of
the files it reflects in the metafile in which that file is present.

	We have written small program as per our requirement to select an emblem for a
file.It modifies those respective metafiles. But after writing in those
metafiles we need to quit and again restart the nautilus to see the effects.We
do not want that.We dont want to restart nautilus and just have to refresh to
reflect the changes. Hence we want to know more about what happens when
nautilus changes custom icon or add emblem to a file through file properties
window. Is it possible to apply changes without restarting nautilus.
	We are kindly requesting you to provide helpful information regarding
icons,emblem setting in nautilus as soon as possible.We are waiting for your
reply.

Thanking you.
With Regards,

OSSRC CDAC Mumbai
Aparna Ramamurthy
Arun Magar
Shiv Nath Kumar

:: Disclaimer ::
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should return it to the sender immediately. Please note that while we scan all e-mails for viruses we cannot guarantee that any e-mail is virus-free and accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.