how to monitor why nautilus crashes

hello all,
I am using debian 4.0 with the gnome desktop environment. As filemanager I use the standard gnome nautilus file manager. Besides scrolling through the local disk I also scroll through other computer hard disk using the samba client or ssh client. When I have a freshly installed system the nautilus file manager works quite well. After a while however, I got a lot of nautilus crashes. As this is the case, I just suspect that something has changed in due time in my gnome desktop environment. I suppose in some way I must be able to recover nautilus from crashing often. I was wondering if there is a way how I can monitor why nautilus file manager crashes so often. And also if anyone knows what reasons may be that it crashes so often.
Thanks in advance.
Alex