Re: nautilus-info-provider functions

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 11:47 +0800, Jason Heeris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me what the functions:
>
> nautilus_info_provider_cancel_update(...)
> nautilus_info_provider_update_complete_invoke(...)
>
> ...are for? They aren't documented anywhere, and I couldn't glean
> anything from the source.

When your info provider update_file_info gets called it has two options.
Either it can complete or fail immediately, returning
NAUTILUS_OPERATION_COMPLETE or NAUTILUS_OPERATION_FAILED.

Or, it can schedule some background stuff and return
NAUTILUS_OPERATION_IN_PROGRESS. Then it has to eventually call
nautilus_info_provider_update_complete_invoke() to give the results.
However, if nautilus is no longer interested in the result it will call
cancel_update() and you can then stop the background work.