Re: Drag and drop (mv files and directories)

i'm using the same version and definitely don't have this problem.
you might check that you have write permissions etc. at the destination

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Peng Yu <pengyu ut gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Fernando Morais <nandox7 gmail com> wrote:
> On 24 June 2010 14:10, Peng Yu <pengyu ut gmail com> wrote:
>> I'd like to mv files or directory by dragging (just like in windows or
>> mac). But it seems that the version that I have doesn't support this.
>> Is this feature supported by nautilus?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Peng
>> --
>>

> As I recall all versions support that.
> Are you trying some special operation?
>
> For reference I'm using right now 2.30.1 and I can easily move
> files/folders with drag&drop either within the same window  or even to
> another
> nautilus window.

I tried it again. I still can not drag and drop. I use ubuntu 10.04. I
can ctrl-c ctrl-v though. Does anybody else see the same problem as I
see?

$nautilus --version
GNOME nautilus 2.30.1