Re: The Future of Nautilus: Show the filesystem
- From: Allan Day <allanpday gmail com>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org, Garrett LeSage <garrettl gmail com>, Hylke Bons <hylkebons gmail com>
- Subject: Re: The Future of Nautilus: Show the filesystem
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:04:08 +0100
> I don't think people, even technical should have to modify the default
> UI just to be able to do things they need doing. A setting like this is
> clearly not a "preference", its not about if you prefer it or not. Its
> something you need to use (or not), so hiding it as a preference is imho
> a bad idea.
We already have a precedent for this with hidden files. They are
required for many tasks.
> But obviously we disagree on this. Lets not rehash it forever.
Agreed. I'll shut up now. :)
Jabber: allanpday AT gmail.com
IRC: aday on irc.gnome.org
] [Thread Prev