how to stop nautilus restart in ubuntu/fedora

Hi,

I want to test some changes I made for nautilus, but I have some difficult to make my version of nautilus running...
I tried the following , but I still can't kill nautilus.
1. gnome-session-remove is not exist any more in fedora 13/ubuntu daily live...
2. I tried to change /usr/share/applications/nautils.desktop, comments out the setting for X-GNOME-AutoRestart

any one can help?

Br, Chen Gang