Re: Simplified Nautilus (with less chrome)

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 10:47 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 00:48 +0100, Bruce van der Kooij wrote:

> > > I agree it is an improvement, except I only wish that the sidebar
> > > header, and the location bar were the same height.
> > >
> > > That inconsistency really sticks out to me.
> >
> > That and the status bar isn't 100% width anymore.
>
> This was an intentional change from my side. The reasoning is that the
> status corresponds to the view, so should be near it. Also, its not
> generally very long so we're wasting space that could be used in the
> sidebar.
>
> Obviously this is something that could be changed back if we want to.

You could move the "Free space" to the sidebar , while keeping the
folder info below the view.
http://imagebin.ca/view/E78cg6gH.html

Or be more specific of the location the free space refers to with an
arrow.[not sure if this is possible]
Also , since several are mentioning about the zoom cluttering the
toolbar , you could move the zoom to the statusbar [as several programs
already use this location for the zoom]

Mockup > http://imagebin.ca/view/HG6_jn.html

The "Free space" can be displayed in full if the sidebar is wide enough
or just be shortened as "Free:" when the sidebar becomes narrow.

--
Cheers,
Vish