Re: Nautilus hangs on long operations

----- Mail original -----
> On 1 December 2010 14:30, Pierre Wieser <pwieser trychlos org> wrote:
> > - Are these hangs seen by other users ? Or am I the only one to
> > notice
> > this ??
>
> Not recently, no. What is the nautilus version you're using?

I use Fedora 13 64bits, so Nautilus 2.30.1.

> > - If my async vs. multithread analysis is right, should not Nautilus
> > make more usage of OS multithreading capabilities ? In the ideal,
> > should not every tab run in its own thread ?
>
> Since the switch to GIO/gvfs (version 2.22.0 IIRC), I/O operations are
> mostly done threaded for local files and out-of-process for gvfs
> remote mounts.
>
> Rui

More precisions about my environment:
My workstation runs an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T with 16GB RAM.
Mostly all my work is made on a NFS server (same configuration)
via a gigabit LAN.
As I have invested some money in these two machines, I am a bit
disappointed to always notice this problem.

Some hints on how to better diagnose what it happens ?