Forcing update of icon after metafile change

Hi,

If I have subclassed InfoProvider, and want to update a custom icon for a file at the point update_file_info() is called.

Is there any way I can make a change to the xml relevant metafile in ~/.nautilus/metafiles and force nautilus to use the new information without actually restarting nautilus? I am doing this via an extension using the Python bindings. Ideally I would do it via a Python lib, but could call a system command if necessary.

Cheers

Nick

--
Nick Jeffries