Licensing for Nautilus extensions

Nautilus Experts:

I have a co-worker who is writing a Nautilus extension. He was wondering if Nautilus extensions must be under a particular license.
Since nautilus uses the GPL, does this imply that any Nautilus
extension must also be GPL?  Or can any license be used for a
Nautilus extension?

I have checked the nautilus module COPYING/COPYING.LIB/README/etc.
files, and other relevant documentation [1], but I do not see any
information about this.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] Relevant documentation
http://live.gnome.org/Nautilus