Copy in Select File Dialog

Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to enable the copy option in the file selection dialog.
I'm developing gloobus (http://gloobus.wordpress.com)
, it is a preview application that now works, ctrl+c the file, and ctrl+space.
Since in the chose file dialog the preview is very important, it would be great to have it.

In the other side, it would be better, a DBUS support, so the selected files could be retieved just asking it by d-bus.

Is it hard to do? can I do it by myself or I need to know so many things about nautilus?

Thanks!

--
Jordi Hernández Puigdellívol