Re: maybe a gsoc project?

>Uhm... I will try to explain what's on my mind a little bit more.
>Take for example an FTP upload.
>The steps I want to reproduce are :
>             1) select the file(s) you want to upload
>             2) select "quick uploads" (or better "Upload file(s) to a
>server...") and choose the service
>             3) insert informations (address, directory where to save and
>eventually the new name of the file on the server) or get it from a previous
>saved bookmark
>             4) click ok, and you are done.

In the split view thread, Alexander's proposal was to create "Copy to"
and "Move to" menus. If those contained bookmarks, you'd have quick
upload functionality automatically to all gvfs backends, provided that
you bookmarked your "quick upload" spots. That sounds more generic and
useful than having a specialized FTP thing, and probably isn't even
a lot of code to write.

Holger