Re: keyboard/focus annoyance after sorting in list view
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: florian <florian demmer org>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: keyboard/focus annoyance after sorting in list view
- Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:18:26 +0100
On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 21:35 +0100, florian wrote:
> imo the up/down key binding should be changed so that pressing up moves
> the selection in the file list up... and not the selection of a
> different widget in the gui.
This is the general behaviour of the Gtk+ tree widget (and Gtk+ in
general). When you click on the list view header you change focus to the
header "widget". This means further key events go to that widget and not
the list itself. For these widgets the arrow keys control changing the
focus widget, so you can change focus to another widget.
Changing this is imho a bad idea, as it breaks keyboard navigation of
the GUI, so that you can't e.g. use it without a mouse. It also causes
problems for accessibility.
] [Thread Prev