Re: Question about Debian Contrib

Le vendredi 27 février 2009 à 15:21 +0100, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 20.02.2009, 17:57 -0500 schrieb Cristian Gómez:
> > nautilus is on version 2.24 marked as stable (I know Debian community
> > has his own methods to promote packages from unstable to stable so
> > they don't include v2.24 on testing or stable branch). How this fact
> > does affect nautilus development? (considering the fact that only
> > Debian developers test the last version, and it's not available to the
> > public easily --packaged--).

Nautilus 2.24 has been available in the experimental repository for a
while, and given the amount of feedback that we have received, it is
clear that not only developers are using it.

Also, the experimental situation is very unfortunate and I’d like to
avoid using it; the normal development process in Debian is to have the
latest stable releases in the unstable distribution — which is meant for
developers but also for the average user, that’s why we won’t package
odd upstream versions in it.

As for stable releases, the point about them is that we don’t do
development on them anymore. Unless a showstopper bug arises, there will
be no changes in these packages. Any feedback about these versions
should be sent to Debian, and we will forward upstream if it is still
relevant.

> Only thing that's annoying is all the 2.20 nautilus bug reports from
> Debian in bugzilla.gnome.org. Nobody is interested in that noise because
> nobody works on nautilus 2.20 or 2.22 in GNOME anymore.

For the record, we removed bug-buddy from the standard installation, so
I hope the amount of noise will be much less important than for older
releases.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :