Changing the default browser window size

Hello.  I'm wondering if someone here can help me change the default
size of a new nautilus browser window to something smaller.  The default
size is too big and I'd like to have it so that when I open a new window
it is smaller.  I'd really appreciate any suggestions, even if I have to
change some gconf settings.

It'd be nice so that any new folder opened either from the "File->New
Window" menu or the "Open in New Window" context menu or from a folder
icon on the desktop uses the new size I've selected.

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 and the nautilus version running is 2.27.1.  I'm
not subscribe to this list so could I please be CC'd if there any
replies.  Thanks so much.

--
José Alburquerque