Re: Start/Stop volumes and l10n

2009/7/25 Petr Kovar <pmkovar gnome org>:

> Well, it's not always a good strategy to translate things literally from
> English, simply because we're working with natural languages here. Anyway,
> what about wording like "Start working with...", "Begin your work
> with...", or something similar?

My concern was not only about translation, but also for english
version. Start and stop are common action (start application, stop

However, it seems that start and stop are also the verbs used for
RAID, see command line programs raidstart(8) and raidstop(8)

The man page[1] for those commands reports the following explanation:
 * raidstart : activates (starts) an existing 'persistent' md device
 * raidstop : turns off an md device, and unconfigures (stops) it

To activate seems to me a better term for start action. How about to
use Activate/Deactivate in UI?

[1] http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/linuxcommand.org/man_pages/raidstop8.html