Re: Nautilus Feature Request: Key Bindings

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Jesse Caulfield <caulfield jesse gmail com> wrote:
For those who only reluctantly use the mouse, keyboard use of nautilus could be greatly improved by enabling  arrow key navigation similar to Windows Explorer.

These key bindings could be useful in the "Tree" view on the side pane plus in "List View" on the main panel.

ctrl up arrow:        jump to parent directory
ctrl down arrow:    jump to next directory of equal depth

left arrow:            expand directory
right arrow          collapse directory

Yes, I will admit that arrow keys not handling expansion of directories in list view was quite unexpected, as this was the intuitive behavior for me. Just adding some info :)

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney gmail com