Re: Selectively disabling file preview in specific folders

Le mercredi 04 février 2009 à 09:03 +0000, Peter Basista a écrit :
> Hello,I was wondering if it would be possible to have Nautilus
> selectively stop creating file previews of all files in specific
> folders.Currently, the only difference Nautilus makes is local and
> remote folders. This offers an opportunity to disable file previews
> for remote folders only. The problem is that sometimes, also local
> folders are not that fast and user might want to disable preview in
> these folders, while it is still enabled for the rest of local
> folders. Also, user can nfs-mount, smb-mount, or "something"-mount
> remote folders to local folders using different utilities, bypassing
> Nautilus. In such situations, Nautilus is not able to distinguish
> which folder is local and which is in fact remote.It would be nice to
> have an option to select specific folders, e.g. in a /mnt or /media
> directory, which would be excluded from creating file previews in
> order to save time and network bandwidth.Or is there any workaround
> already available?Thank you.

Hi,

up to version 2.20, nautilus was able to distinguish remote files on NFS
mounts and the like, using gnome_vfs_uri_is_local. However gio doesn’t
have such a function, so there is a regression here.

Maybe this could be a good addition to GFileInfo ?

Cheers,
--
 .''`.