Re: Selection tracking

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 23:52 +0100, Pierre Wieser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some requests from Nautilus-Actions users to have a
> command-line
> tool to run actions from outside of Nautilus. Obviously the main issue
> would be to get the current selection.
>
> I note that, as a side effect of the implementation, a menu provider
> is
> able to track the selection. Starting from this, I may imagine an
> extension which provides the current selection list in response to a
> DBus request.
>
> I know that some guys already work on Nautilus DBus interfaces. Is
> such
> an interface, which would give the current selection, already planned
> ?

Yes, that is planned and some initial work has been done on it, but its
not yet finished.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's a world-famous devious gangster searching for his wife's true killer.
She's a cold-hearted bisexual journalist who can talk to animals. They fight
crime!