Re: Nautilus vs gnome-shell and the future

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 10:37 +0100, John Stowers wrote:
> > This is a slight change in focus for nautilus, as its now to a
> larger
> > degree used when the user wants to do more complex file
> > operations. I think with this we can feel more confident that
> > for instance the split-view branch would fit better into
> > nautilus. Another thing is that we have more screen space now by
> > default, which I'd like to use to do a more expressive UI.
>
> Speaking of UI changes, it would be great to see Cosimo's toolbar
> editor
> branch [1], or something similar, make it into the default install.
> This
> would hopefully allow uses of nautilus like [2].
>
> John
>
> [1] http://github.com/cosimoc/nautilus/tree/toolbareditor
> [2] http://davidsiegel.org/nautilus-simplified/

Yes, i'm interested in getting this in and looking at simplify the
default toolbars. However, i have not gotten a ping from cosimoc that
the changes are ready for review yet, so i haven't looked at it. (In
fact, last i asked it was not ready.)

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's a fast talking coffee-fuelled assassin who must take medication to keep
him sane. She's a virginal foul-mouthed snake charmer from a different time
and place. They fight crime!