Re: hide system files by default in windows partitions

Am Dienstag, den 21.04.2009, 12:13 +0200 schrieb Nicolò Chieffo:
> Hello, I'm running ubuntu 9.04. Currently when mounting the windows
> partition you are allowed to create and remove files.
> Since you can delete dome important file/dir by accident, I propose to
> hide such files by default:
> Boot\
> $Recycle.Bin\
> System Volume Information\
> Windows\
> bootmgr
> hiberfil.sys
> pagefile.sys
> desktop.ini
>
> Is it possible?

Probably the best way to fix this is to file a bug against Windows and
ask Microsoft to rename these files and folders to have a preceding dot,
e.g. ".Windows". That's the standard way to hide files in Unix.

As a workaround, you could mount the Windows partition read-only so
users cannot change anything. That's definitely the safest way for users
that click and delete without knowing what they're doing.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed