How to build one bin file using two versions of Gnome?

Hi guys:

 My bin file needs to use a lower version of Gnome to support Linux distribution like Red-hat 4 ,and a higher version of Gnome to support Linux distribution like FC 9 , but the lower version of Gnome depends on a lower version of the library libc.so and the higher version of Gnome depends on a higher version of the library libc.so .

So, can I  build one bin file to use different APIs and how?
The problem puzzles a lot, and I tried a lot of methods, but it just can  not work.
Can you guys help me out of this issue?
Thanks !

Vincent