Re: nautilus & hidden files

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 17:45 +0200, yelo_3 wrote:
> Oh :(
>
> I think it's too complicated...
> and I'm quite sure that this request won't be considered since for
> linux hidden files must have a dot before the name.

Well, I'm not saying its easy to get this done. You need lots of
patience and energy. However, that is much better than getting some poor
hack in to make it sort of work, risking the design of the whole system
and the perfomance of it. Getting things right is a lot of work...

> Alexander: when GIO asks it a file is hidden it fills and attribute.
> But how does it fill it? does it do a simple test like this or is it
> more complex

It happens in _g_local_file_info_get() as:

  if (basename != NULL && basename[0] == '.')
    g_file_info_set_is_hidden (info, TRUE);