Re: Install Scripts System Wide

Am Sonntag, den 11.05.2008, 14:33 +0200 schrieb Christopher Bratusek:
> ... I made that feature request a half year ago, so I'm going to try
> it
> again: What about adding  DATADIR/nautilus/scripts as a system-wide
> place for installing nautilus-scripts beside
> $HOME/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts ? That way we don't have to install the
> scripts for each user.

I am not really convinced that system-wide templates and scripts are a
real benefit.

It might be a good idea, but this feature may be abused by admins or
distributors to pollute user menus with un-removable system-wide
"enforced" scripts/templates.

What is your use-case?

best regards,
 Christian Neumair