Re: Observations about Nautilus extensions and more

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 17:45 -0500, Dariem Pérez Herrera wrote:
> Some days ago, I sent a message to the list with subject "Help wanted
> about extensions", where I was complaining about the lack of
> functionality of one of the exposed interfaces of Nautilus extensions.

I agree with Dariem.  I tried to fiddle with Nautilus metafiles the
other day and found out that there was no API I could tap into without
resorting to reading source.  My use case was simple: for every
subfolder in a given folder, assign first image contained therein as
that folder's thumbnail image.  I feel like basic metafile API should be
more exposed.  What is the official stance on this?  Is Nautilus to
remain a fairly monolithic beast, or is it due to lack of
time/interest?

Best,
Zoran