Re: Nautilus Space Mock-up

On 3 Jun 2008, at 13:51, Mike Rooney wrote:

Well, I think it is nice. It allows you to instantly see what files
are taking up the most space. Without this you would have to sort by
size and then read file sizes. Bars like this save the user a lot of
time and don't require sorting by that column to gain useful
information from it.

You say users need to identify large files, how is this not
tremendously better for doing so?

Perhaps it would be nicer if this was done with a baobab-like graphical view in the sidebar[1], showing the sizes of files in the current folder, optionally recursing into sub-folders.

That way we could possibly do away with baobab application altogether[2], as all the same functionality would be available right in the file manager, which is where you want it really.

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] Or perhaps in the folder's Properties dialog, for spatial users-- although I don't really understand why you don't get any sort of sidebar in spatial mode.

[2] That's not a criticism of baobab, I'd just like to see its functionality implemented where I need it, rather than in a separate application.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team