Re: Extensions and putting icons in toolbar

Le lundi 14 janvier 2008 à 14:40 +0100, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 18:23 +0100, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
> > Hi list,

[snip]

> > nautilus-ui-utilities.c |   18 ++++++++++++++++++
> > 1 file changed, 18 insertions(+)
>
> This causes a ref count cycle on the action and the item. I commited a
> slightly different fix.

I've read the diff, I suppose I should read more gobject related
documentation :)

> > Now I want to get the list of files in order to set a sensible value for
> > the sensitivity. I've connected a callback to the selection_changed
> > signal but it seems that from an extension, there is no way to get the
> > list of selected files in order to accomplish that. It is not a problem
> > for a get_file_items type callback because it's used each time the
> > right-click menu is shown (afaiu).
> >
> > The data is available but buried in class depending on
> > libnautilus-private so my question is, am I just a fool to want to
> > access this data and if not, what is the best course to fix this
> > problem ?
>
> Right now there just isn't enough information in the extensions API to
> allow this sort of thing. This could be added, but need quite some work
> in design and implementation.

As discussed on irc, the point is to make extensions more powerful to,
at least, be able to do the same things via toolbar of right-click menu,
which is currently not possible. Gnome approaches the feature freeze
date so it's clear it won't be in this release cycle but it's not a
problem. I'll try and hack something and eventually will come back with
some proposal.

Thanks for your attention.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles dartiguelongue esiee org>