Re: automounting / autorunning

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 03:33 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a patch to make Nautilus automount new media as well as handling
> autoplay/autorun. This is what gnome-volume-manager currently does,
> however there's a few issues with this program

Sounds good to me. I commited it with various cleanups (coding style,
using availible helper functions, etc).

> I'm a bit torn about the Media tab; I ended up with this design (only
> show common media types); another alternative is some design where you
> have a combo box to select the x-content type and then once that is
> selected you can select the default. I don't know. Thoughts?

Not sure. The hold-shift thing is kinda weird...

> Some things I'm undecided about
>
>  - what should happen if you double-click an mount icon? Either we open
>    the folder; otherwise we launch the configured program. I'm leaning
>    to the former and then having a clue-bar in the folder window. I
>    don't know.

Maybe it should do the same as when it is mounted (i.e. depending on
prefs). Then we can have a right-click option if you want to actually
browse it.

>  - should the available handlers for x-content/* appear in an Open With
>    menu when right-clicking a mount icon?

Yeah, I think so.