Re: Single click selection with checkboxes, revisited

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 14:14 +0100, Kristoffer Lundén wrote:
(...)
> I wish to raise the discussion once again if this would be a good idea
> for Nautilus. For me, personally, I think this is the bee's knees in
> every way, making file management a true breeze. =) It also enhances
> double click mode a lot when selecting multiple files, so it's not
> just for single clickers. But I'm taking it here first for discussion,
> before submitting a feature request.

Hi,

Would you consider having additional column for these checkboxes?
It would make it possible to switch the feature on and off in an easy
way. Additionally it would make possible sorting based on selection.
The drawback is that it may look not so nice, but I didn't check.

I'm thinking about ListView, of course.

Regards,

Olaf