Re: Single click selection with checkboxes, revisited

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 14:14 +0100, Kristoffer Lundén wrote:
> Hello!

> In Vista, it works like this: the checkboxes are hidden until the
> mouse pointer is moved over the icon. It then gets a highlight, and
> the checkbox appears. If marking the checkbox, selecting the file, it
> stays visible. See [3] and [4] for examples on unselected, hovering
> and selected files in icon and list view.
>
> I wish to raise the discussion once again if this would be a good idea
> for Nautilus. For me, personally, I think this is the bee's knees in
> every way, making file management a true breeze. =) It also enhances
> double click mode a lot when selecting multiple files, so it's not
> just for single clickers. But I'm taking it here first for discussion,
> before submitting a feature request.

I think this looks kinda nice. One disadvantage is that it uses some
space in the list view even when the checkboxes are not showed, but
thats probably not a huge issue.

Anyway, I'm 100% busy with the gio work, trying to make sure we don't
regress and crash to much in 2.22, so I won't be working on any new
features for a while.