RFC Feature request - Hash in properties

Not sure where to request or offer the suggestion but here it goes. I
find that I do everything in Linux using a GUI. Not really a technical
user but just a typical home user. I find the only thing I have to use
a command line for is generating checksums, MD5, etc. It would be
useful if in the properties window for files under the "Size" row
there was another row with a drop box where the user could select the
hash algorithm such as: MD5, SHA1, etc. and right beside it would be a
"Generate" button that the user could click to generate the hash and
the output would show up where the generate button was. Something like
that. It's a feature often used on files and would be fitting if it
was in Nautilus. Thanks.