Re: [rfc][patch] Add optional PackageKit hook to install new applications

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 10:15 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 09:27 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > There are some coding style issues (no space before parenthesis, no
> > brackes around block).
>
> Fixed.
>
> > You shouldn't have both a g_warning and a error dialog, in that case
> > drop the g_warning.
>
> Fixed.
>
> > I agree that the dialog for no matching application when the gconf key
> > is off should not mention this. If its been turned off its because
> > someone wanted it off.
>
> Okay, agreed.
>
> > And finally, we don't generally use modal dialogs like that in nautilus.
> > Of course, this complicates things a bit, as if you do it non-modal then
> > ActivateParameters *parameters will be freed, so you need to keep some
> > info from it.
>
> This is tricky, as we have to interact with
> pause_activation_timed_cancel and unpause_activation_timed_cancel.

Not really. Just let it fall through and the activation will be
destroyed. No need to keep it around paused.

> I can try and copy this structure (or copy it into another smaller
> structure) if you wish. Things become a whole load more complicated this
> way. In the meantime, I'm attaching v4 for review.

I think you can just save (ref) the NautilusFile objects and some extra
info, then after the install start over with
nautilus_mime_activate_files().