Re: Undefined references to glib-functions when compiling nautilus

Am Dienstag, den 19.08.2008, 17:00 +0200 schrieb Clemens Buss:
> since a while I am trying to build nautilus from trunk, but what I am
> getting all the time are the following errors:
>
> nautilus/src/nautilus-trash-bar.c:121: undefined reference to
> `g_dgettext'
>
> [ ... and more of thos undefined references to g_dgettext ...]

IIRC there is a libtool bug where the libraries in /usr/lib are
preferred over those in /my/gnome/prefix, so the linker will try to link
against the old libraries in /usr/lib - which fails of course.

You'll have to remove /usr/lib/*.la (and /my/gnome/prefix/lib/*.la, if
they contain /lib dependencies). I am also using this strategy.

I do not know why these files are distributed at all - ELF inherently
supports dependencies. They might be important when loading libraries at
run-time.

best regards,
 Christian Neumair

--