Re: New dialog for handling file conflicts in Nautilus - UI review request

On 24 Apr 2008, at 16:44, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 01:13 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:

Like most attempts at improving this dialog in the past, the main
problem is that it's initially pretty overwhelming to look at IMHO.
I'd like to see even more in the way of progressive disclosure, so by
default it might look more like this quick mockup:
<http://www.gnome.org/~calum/screenies/nautilus-replace.png >

The idea of an option to "Replace any other files without asking" and
hitting "Skip" makes my skin crawl...

Calum, I believe you meant that option to actually be more of an "apply
this decision to all conflicts", didn't you?

Oops, yes. I was too busy trying to ensure that you couldn't tell it to "Rename" any other conflicts automatically, that I forgot you might want to Skip all other conflicts automatically too.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team