Re: Thumbnailers always put a border around images

The patch I'm working with and will submit will add some new gconf keys to the thumbnailers giving them explicit control over borders.

(Reposted because I fail at mailing lists)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Christian Neumair <cneumair gnome org> wrote:
El mar, 15-04-2008 a las 02:24 -0700, Kristopher Ives escribió:
> I made a thumbnailer for windows binaries for my games I play via
> Wine. It was simple and possible inside python with the existing
> thumbnailers system (using the gconf keys), however, I cannot find a
> way to remove the borders or let nautilus know these should not be
> bordered.
>
> Is this GNOME or nautilus doing the borders?

It is Nautilus. We used to decide whether to put borders on the image
based on the file size (rather than the image dimensions).

I am not totally sure how people like their thumbnails to work. Maybe we
should never scale up thumbnails for small images, and never put frames
for small images?

best regards,
 Christian

--