Nautilus file browser sort by use

Hi all,

I've just subscribed to the list and have one question about the
sorting options that Nautilus file browser have. As I have lots of
folders in my home directory, I believe it would be very useful if
Nautilus sorted my files by the frequency I access them.

Is there a way to sort files by access frequency?

If there isn't, a nautilus plugin could do this?

I'm a programmer and am willing to write such plugin, (if the time to
do this is no more than a weekend, as the time is scarce here).
If it is possible, can you give some starting directions?

Thanks,

--
Ricardo Ayres Severo <severo ricardo gmail com>