Re: Mount point

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:57:45 +0200, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE <macanas_ped gva es> wrote:

I suggest Nautilus show the mount point of the unit (hard disk, USB
keydrive, CD/DVD) after the name of the device.

This is some information "newbies" really do not want to deal with.

- My Huawei E220 installs three devices. Which of them (appears two icons in my desktop ) can one use as modem ? ( this is /dev/ttyUSB , but I cannot see the mount point in Nautilus).

After googling I found out that this is an USB Modem for mobile networks.
I'd be suprised if modems are mounted as file systems.
USB modems are no business for nautilus.

It would be a good usability advantage.

Certainly not for beginners.

Regards

--