Re: octal permissions

Alexander Larsson schrieb am 10.09.2007:

----------<snip>-----------
> That is weird. I can see that too. Its not supposed to do that, and
it
> didn't before. Probably something broke horribly. :)

Oh, it turns out this is due to the added access stuff to
GnomeVFSFilePermissions. I'm commiting some code to filter that out.
----------<snip>-----------

Fine, this sheds some light on it.
The 6/7 digits permissions aren't nothing new at least in
ubuntu-gnome. They are there as long as I use unbuntu, that's from
2005 or 2004.

Does this mean that gnome uses an VFS above say, ext3, even on local
partitions? Can you give me a link to read something about?

Kind regards,

Michael Luthardt

Beerenweg 5
D-31275 Lehrte