Re: Allow an extension to access symbols of libnautilus-private

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 23:07 +0200, Shogun wrote:
> Hi guys.
> I'm writing an extension which add on context-menus two commands: "Copy
> to..." and "Move to...", which are two features I lack from Windows
> Explorer or Konqueror.
> I saw nautilus' code and I realized that the function I need is
> nautilus_file_operations_copy_move, but it belongs to libnautilus-private.
> Is there any method to allow my extension to link that function?
> Or is there any function in libnautilus-extensions which I can use
> instead of that?

There is no way to access things in libnautilus-private. Those are just
internal symbols with no guarantee of abi or api stability.

The only way to add stuff visible to extensions is to add interfaces or
calls to libnautilus-extensions. This has to be done carefully so that
the APIs added are sane and future proof.