Re: Access to file metadata from a extension script

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 11:37 -0500, Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm planning on writing a extension script that would ideally make use
> of the emblems and notes associated with a file. My current line of
> thinking is to parse the files under ~/.nautilus/metafiles/ to read the
> metadata. I don't know however what approach to follow for writing
> metadata; I tested manually editing the metadata files but it doesn't work.
>
> So, could you please suggest the best ways to read/write metadata from a
> extension script? My language of preference for this script is Python,
> but C would also be OK.

Unfortunatelly there is currently no good way to get a running nautilus
to pick up changes to metadata.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fiendish Jewish farmboy trapped in a world he never made. She's a
mentally unstable tomboy soap star from a different time and place. They fight
crime!