Re: feature requests

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 20:43 +0200, Alberto Segura wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I would like to see in the future releases of nautilus things I see
> that could be useful for nautilus users:
>
> * The implementation of tabs for those who don't want to open new windows.

This has been discussed a few times before; IIRC the maintainers don't
really like the idea.  Personally I'd be fairly ambivalent about it in
browser mode, but it certainly couldn't really be used in spatial mode
without breaking the whole concept.

Then there are those of us who believe that the window manager should be
implementing tabs anyway, not individual applications, but that's a
whole different argument :)

> * The Microsoft Windows logo (if it is not very restrictive) in the
> emblems section...

I suspect it would have to be a rather stylized version-- I doubt it's
usable without their permission.

> * ... and, in the same section, the possibility of setting different
> backgrounds depending of the folder we are browsing.

Isn't this what Edit->Backgrounds and Emblems does already?

Cheeri,
Calum.