function in libnautilus-private i'd like public

Hi all,

First time writing to this mailing list and first time experimenting
with nautilus devel.

Could nautilus_file be made public? There's some really neat info in there like:
- nautilus_file_get_metadata
- nautilus_file_get_custom_icon

I'm writing a gnome application, a media browser, and I'd like to take
advantage of the fact I can use nautilus to set a custom icon for
files and folders. For example I would like to use nautilus to set the
fle icons for movies to the full size dvd cover image. Then in my
media browser I could query the nautilus file for the custom icon URI
and then display that in full sized glory.

Maybe there's another way...?

--
Leif Gruenwoldt