Re: [patch] [bug 432510] samba filename encoding on none UTF-8 locales
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center <Takao Fujiwara Sun COM>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [patch] [bug 432510] samba filename encoding on none UTF-8 locales
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:13:50 +0200
On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 17:06 +0900, Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center
> I attached the patch to work copy/paste samba files on none UTF-8 client.
> Could you review this?
Hmm, the plan was to have gnome-vfs always use utf8 uris for smb:. This
should be theoretically doable, since samba knows the smb share encoding
and should be able to convert to/from utf8. Isn't this happening?
If not, is there not something we can do in libsmbclient to enforce
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's an old-fashioned neurotic inventor looking for 'the Big One.' She's an
artistic nymphomaniac lawyer who believes she is the reincarnation of an
ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev