Re: Nautilus not able to run as root?
- From: Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch>
- To: Michał Majchrowicz <mmajchrowicz gmail com>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Nautilus not able to run as root?
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:46:05 +0200
On Fre, 2007-04-20 at 00:18 +0200, Michał Majchrowicz wrote:
> I noticed (on many different machines) that nautilus cannot be run by
> root. Is it expected behaviour? When I am logged as user (i.e.) john
> then when I do run in console nautilus window pops up (as expected).
> But when I do something like this:
> Enter root password
> Nothing happens :( The program just hangs...
> Please tell me why it is like this?
That's because there is no dbus session daemon for root running. You
should be able to start nautilus by using dbus-launch; I don't know
whether that's the recommended solution, though.
] [Thread Prev