cosmetic problem in Nautilus when mounting disc-drives

Hi there!

I have a small cosmetic "problem" with Nautilus/GNOME, but I would like to get rid of it anyway.

I have two disc-drives (a DVD-reader-only and a DVD-writer), with mount-points at /mnt/dvd and /mnt/dvdrw. I also have /etc/fstab entries, like this:

/dev/dvd /mnt/dvd auto noauto,ro,user 0 0
/dev/dvdrw /mnt/dvdrw auto noauto,ro,user 0 0

When I mount the dvdrw-drive (either by doing it over command-line or by double-clicking the disc in nautilus), everything works perfectly: The mounted drive appears in nautilus with the volume-id of the disc (important!) and is accessible. Also, you can eject it automatically by right-clicking it and selecting "eject". When I mount the other disc-drive, however, the disc appears in nautilus, too, and is accessible. BUT: Instead of the correct volume-id of the disc, there is just always "dvd" displayed. AND you can't eject it through GNOME, although it still works when doing it over the command-line.

I would like to repair this, but don't know how. There must be a way how GNOME checks if the mounted device is a disc-drive which can be ejected or not. Perhaps this information is wrong. Or there is some misconfiguration in GNOME itself, I don't know... :/

What I already tried:

* searched the internet.... ;)
* compared the entries in /proc/ide/ide1/hdc and /proc/ide/ide1/hdd for differences
* searched the GNOME-config-files for entries which could have a connection to the problem
* removed one and the other entry from fstab
* some other things I don't remember

Any suggestions welcome...
thx,
Florian