Re: Build process can't find libexif :(

Troy,

Run `export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}`,
and try configuring again.

Regards,
Rouslan Solomakhin

On 10/24/06, Troy McGuire <troy spawnordie com> wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I have to use KDE for work, and had installed Nautilus on a previous KDE
machine, but now I have a new machine and troubles getting Nautilus
installed.  When I type "./configure" I eventually get:

checking for libExif... checking for EXIF... checking for EXIF...
configure: error: Package requirements (libexif = 0.5.12) were not met:

No package 'libexif' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables EXIF_CFLAGS
and EXIF_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
********** END OF ERROR MESSAGE **********

When I first saw this I got libexif (source) and installed it.  I have
also verified that it is in /usr/local/lib  However, when I run
./configure for Nautilus again, it says that it still can't find it :(
I tried looking at "man pkg-config" but it really didn't make much sense
to me, neither does the environment variable adjusting.  Is there a file
that I can edit to give it the path to the files related to libexif?  Or
is there something to add to the end of the ./configure command that
will take care of this?

Help!  I can't stand Konqueror!

Thank You,

Troy McGuire