file delete in nautilus file manager

Hello there,

I am running currently Suse 10.0.
If I want to delete a file in the file manger, I only get the option to
move the file into the waste basket. Is there a keyboard combo or an option
that can be enabled to actually delete the file rather than to move the
file into the waste basket and empty the waste basket?
Not sure if this is just a behaviour in the Suse distro or if this is
general. Even though it seems to be just a small thing, it is rather
frustrating.

Thanks
Maik